Benefits to You as a Member of EPIA
The greatest benefit of European Packaged Ice Association (EPIA) membership is the exchange of information, ideas, and best practices in the ice industry. By joining EPIA, you will discover a wealth of knowledge and experience in our community of European ice producers, distributors, suppliers, and partner organizations. Together, we are conforming to the highest industry standards for producing ice that is safe for human consumption in order to minimize health risks to consumers throughout the EU.
As an EPIA Member, you will also:
- Enjoy networking and developing closer ties with other ice producers, distributors, equipment suppliers, and industry leaders;
- Learn how to apply industry “Best Practices” to the production and distribution of packaged ice in our marketplace;
- Acquire effective business development and sales techniques to expand packaged ice sales;
- Gain the distinction of being associated with the trans-Europe EPIA label as the superior quality branding of packaged ice;
- Benefit from EPIA relationships with other international associations and corporations that assist our members expand their customer base;
- Be among a select group of ice producers and distributors that conform to the rigorous HACCP compliant packaged ice quality standards of the EPIA;
- Take advantage of cost-effective group purchases of new equipment from our member suppliers and buy or sell used equipment through an online, members-online bulletin board;
- Access a ready list of packaged ice resources to help you meet your surge capacity needs during peak sales periods;
- Receive our quarterly newsletters and updates from our Chairman;
- Participate in committee initiatives to continually improve the EPIA benefits to our members
European Packaged Ice Association 2013 Membership Categories and Fees
1 Producer Member
- Any individual, entity, or corporation engaged in or anticipating the production of ice is eligible for Producer Membership.
- Producer members must produce or anticipate the production of packaged ice or ice art products defined as food grade consumable ice and must comply with the EPIA approved minimum quality standards as stated in Operational Rule 2.
- Producer members have full voting rights of one vote per member at all full membership meetings and forums conducted by the EPIA.
2. Distributor Member
- Any individual, entity, corporation or organization actively engaged in the distribution or anticipating distribution of food grade consumable packaged ice or ice art ice is eligible for Distributor Membership.
- Distributor members have identical rights as the producer members and must comply with the EPIA approved minimum quality standards as stated in Operational Rule 2.
3. Supplier Member (Includes a 2m x 2m booth at the convention)
- Any individual, entity, corporation or organization that supplies equipment, parts, or supplies used in the production or distribution of packaged ice is eligible for Supplier Membership.
- Supplier members have full voting rights at the meetings of the EPIA at one vote per member.
4. Professional Member (Includes a 2m x 2m booth at the convention)
- Any individual, entity, corporation or organization providing special consulting services to the packaged ice or ice art industry is eligible for Professional Membership.