After combining the ingredients, each person can simply shake up their pouch of soft ice cream and best of all… it’s done in just five-minutes!
The ingredients you’ll need are…
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup half-milk and half-cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup salt (The bigger the granules, the better. Kosher or rock salt works best, but table salt is fine)
- The Ice Co° ice cubes (enough to fill each gallon-size bag about half full)
- 1 pint-size ziplock bag
- 1 gallon-size ziplock bag.
How to make it
- Combine the sugar, half-milk, half-cream and vanilla extract in the pint-size bag and seal it tightly
- Place the salt and ice in the gallon-size bag, then put the sealed smaller bag inside as well. Seal the larger bag and now shake it until the mixture hardens (around five minutes). Feel the small bag to determine when it’s done
- Take the smaller bag out of the larger one, add mix-ins, and eat the ice cream right out of the bag. Less washing up! Serves one person.
Why not add some fresh berries like strawberries, blueberries or raspberries or if you feeling naughty what about some chocolate buttons or smarties, or maybe some ground nuts or both!
Let us know how you get on and what you think of the recipe? All feedback welcome.